I work from a home office in this beautiful mountain town in southern British Columbia. I recently wrote a post about feeling isolated so I thought it only right to also share why most of the time, I am grateful! Here are 10 reasons why I love Rossland:
1. Rossland is a winter town – people come to town, walk the streets and are happier when it snows, including me!
2. One of the best ski hills in North America is a 3minute drive away or you can x-country ski there on the trail connecting town and the hill. There are also 50 km of groomed x-country ski trails.
3. Ferraro Foods has everything a great grocer and health food store could supply. Miso, chia seeds as well as the staples.
4. Affordable. This is one of the few places young people can still buy a house.
5. Friendly people often stop to chat on the streets.
6. Gypsy at Red serves amazing high end food when you simply don’t feel like cooking.
7. Yoga, Spin Classes, Pottery…there are many extra curricular classes available.
8. Winter Carnival when the streets close to cars and fill with people, bonfires, bobsleds and rail jams.
9. A compact community where you can walk almost anywhere.
10. I met my husband here!