Do you have a great idea and need help turning it into a sustainable project or program on the ground? Do you find there is simply so much happening, it’s hard to mobilize your team in a common direction? Do you want to add innovative and engaging methods to your next project, workshop or event? My specialty is helping groups and organizations take action. I currently have an ongoing assignment as the knowledge management specialist with the South Asia Urban Knowledge Hub helping researchers have more influence in policy and practice. I bring creativity, knowledge sharing and learning as well as fifteen years of expertise in sustainability to the variety of work I undertake.
I have a passion for helping organizations and partnerships communicate as well as improve the way they create and share knowledge. I focus on strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation and engagement as well as research and writing upon request. I am an experienced communicator and facilitator and host training workshops on this topic for others. My expertise spans several countries (18 thus far) and has been gained by working with entrepreneurial start-ups and the private sector, non-governmental organizations and governments at all levels. I hold a Masters degree in Environment and Development with distinction from the London School of Economics in the United Kingdom and a BSc in Geography from the University of Victoria, B.C. in Canada. I am a member of the Canadian Evaluation Society, the International Association of Facilitators and an Associate with the International Institute for Sustainable Development. Since 2007, I have been working as an independent consultant from a home office in Canada (and sometimes abroad).
I am keen to work with new clients so contact me with your idea!
I have had the pleasure to work with the following organizations since I started consulting in April 2007 :
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Evalnet (International Evaluation Consultancy)
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- International Forum for Rural Transportation and Development (IFRTD)
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD Associate as of May 2013)
- United Nation’s Development Programme Energy and Environment Unit (UNDP)
- UN World Food Programme (WFP)
- Canadian Water Network
- Engineers Canada
- Environment Canada – Circumpolar Biodiversity Monitoring Programme
- Geosoft Inc.
- Ministry of Agriculture (Alberta)
- BC Hydro
- Central Kootenay Invasive Plant Committee
- City of Nelson (Stantec subconsultant)
- College of the Rockies
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Columbia Basin Watershed Network
- Columbia Basin Fish and Wildlife Compensation Program
- District of Saanich (Stantec subconsultant)
- First Nations Environmental Assessment Technical Working Group (FNEATWG)
- Kootenay Association for Science and Technology
- Kootenay Boundary Community Services Co-operative
- Kootenay Family Place
- Selkirk College
- Slocan Lake Stewardship Society
- Think Bright Environmental Innovations
- Town of Golden
- University of British Columbia
When not working, I can be found riding my bike, skiing, and enjoying time with my family in the beautiful community I live in.
Download my CV: MICHELLE LAURIE cv Jan 2014
e: michelle.k.laurie (@) gmail.com
*I’m on the road a lot so contacting me by email is best!
I have a passion for all things visual. Here is a quick ‘About Me’ using graphics: